CCBC Well Represented at Recent Conferences
November 1, 2012
CCBC has recently participated in several conferences to present various aspects of our work.
- CCBC was an exhibitor at the American Telemedicine Association Fall Forum September 9-11, 2012 in New Orleans.
- CCBC was an exhibitor at The Greater New Orleans Chapter of Louisiana Medical Group Management Association Workshop held September 26, 2012 in New Orleans.
- Gaurav Nagrath, MBA, Chief Information Officer, Louisiana Public Health Institute (LPHI) and Lead Strategist, Greater New Orleans Health Information Exchange (GNOHIE), Chatrian Kanger, Senior Evaluation Manager, LPHI; and David Wagner, VP Operations Daughters of Charity Health Center presented The Crescent City Beacon Community- Data Reporting Project at The Louisiana Primary Care Association 29th Annual Continuing Education Conference, October 17-20, 2012 in New Orleans.
- The National Association for Community Health Centers (NACHC) and the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) facilitated a two-part webinar series designed to help advance meaningful use and patient centered medical home goals. Anjum Khurshid, CCBC Project Director, Dr. Keith L. Winfrey, MD, MPH, Chief Medical Officer , New Orleans East Louisiana (NOELA) Community Health Center, and Nebeyou Abebe, CCBC Communications Lead and Txt4health Campaign Manager, presented on how health information technology (e.g. electronic health records (EHRs), health information exchanges (HIE) and mobile health technologies) are helping community health centers advance patient-centered medical home (PCMH) initiatives, improve transitions of care, increase patient engagement, and align with Meaningful Use and payment reform policies.
- Dr. Eboni Price-Haywood, Tulane Community Health Centers, Kristin Lyman, Associate Director for Health Systems, LPHI, and Liam Bouchier, Associate Director for Information Services, LPHI, presented on the Greater New Orleans Health Information Exchange (GNOHIE) at the Louisiana Rural Health Association Annual Healthcare Conference held October 24-25 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
In addition, CCBC team members also presented several poster and oral presentations at the American Evaluation Association Annual Conference, held October 22-27, 2012 in Minneapolis, MN and at the American Public Health Association Annual Conference and Exposition held October 27-37, 2012 in San Francisco, CA. Presentations included:
American Evaluation Association
1. Multipaper Session: Evaluating a Population-Based Mobile health Diabetes Program in a Complex Environment
- Building Awareness of Text4Health Through Social Marketing: Is it Effective? Lisanne Brown; Nebeyou Abebe; David Kulick; Snigdha Mukherjee; Anjum Khurshid
What Does Program Data and Self-Reported Program Satisfaction Tell Us About Txt4health? Snigdha Mukherjee; Nebeyou Abebe; David Kulick; Snigdha Mukherjee; Anjum Khurshid
How Do Community Partnerships Improve Txt4health Enrollment and Motivation for Behavior Change? David Kulick; Nebeyou Abebe; Snigdha Mukherjee; Anjum Khurshid
2. Multipaper Session: Applying a Developmental Approach: Tools for Evaluators in Complex, Innovative Community Health Systems: Session Chair: Lisanne Brown
Reality Testing 4 Health Information Technology-Enabled Chronic Care Management Interventions: Responsibilities of the Evaluator, Snigdha Mukherjee; Deborah Even; Rodrigo Gamarra
Achieving Data Reporting Standardization of Clinical Quality Measures using Health Information Technology: Relevance and Reliability: Chatrian Kanger; Deborah Even; Rodrigo Gamarra; Lisanne Brown
American Public Health Association
Getting to meaningful use: improving data reliability and validity for diabetes and cardiovascular disease care among 13 community health centers: Chatrian Kanger, MPH, Snigdha Mukherjee, PhD, Lisanne Brown, PhD, Mark Diana, PhD, Deborah Even, MSN, MPH, Rodrigo Gamarra, MD, MHA, Haichang Xin, PhD, Amanda Carruth and Anjum Khurshid, MBBS, PhD
Effectiveness of Txt4Health type 2 Diabetes program: Anjum Khurshid, MBBS, PhD, Lisanne Brown, PhD, Nebeyou Abebe, MA, PMP, Snigdha Mukherjee, PhD
Consumer engagement through mobile health technology: Nebeyou Abebe, MA, PMP