CCBC In The Spotlight
June 20, 2012
- Dr. Eboni Price-Haywood, M.D., M.P.H., the co-executive director, CMO and CIO of Tulane Community Health Centers (TCHC) was spotlighted in Healthcare Informatics May 2012 issue featuring the PCMH Mapping Project.
- Two abstracts for CCBC initiatives were accepted as oral presentations for the American Public Health Association (APHA) annual meeting to be held in San Francisco, October 27-31, 2012. Visit www.apha.org for more information about the meeting.
- Txt4health: Consumer Engagement through Mobile Health Technology
- Getting to Meaningful Use: Improving data reliability and validity for diabetes and cardiovascular disease care among 13 community health centers
- A CCBC abstract was selected for presentation at AcademyHealth’s Annual Research Meeting, held June 24-26, 2012 in Orlando, FL
- New Orleans Preventable Hospital Admissions for Diabetes and Heart Disease in 2010
- CCBC staff drafted a brief on Quality Measurement and Reporting that was selected for inclusion in AcademyHealth’s Beacon Issue Brief Series.
- Dr. Anjum Khurshid, CCBC Project Director, was a panelist at the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) meeting titled “Strengthening the Health Care Safety Net Through Interagency Cooperation, Planning and Policy.” The meeting was held on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 in Washington, DC. Anjum presented on payment reform within the health delivery system, including a discussion on the role payment reform plays in improving the quality of care for “high-cost” individuals and reducing healthcare expenditures. This meeting provided an opportunity for legislators and other state health policymakers to learn about evidence-based policies and programs related to strengthening the health care safety-net, as well as provide an opportunity to network with their state team members and the participants from other states.